After almost seven years, I am saying goodbye to one of my favorite places. I am leaving Pittsburgh and moving back to Erie. Having a (surprise) baby changed everything for me. It is no longer feasible for me to have a completely unpredictable work schedule with long hours and constantly changing times. It is also not sustainable or fair for my family to travel back and forth between Erie and Pittsburgh to take care of Quinn for me while I'm at work. I have been weighing the pros and cons of moving for a few months now. After a lot of prayers asking God what the right decision was, everything basically worked itself out to bring us straight home. Although I know this is the best choice for us it still comes with a lot of sadness. I will always look back on the memories I made all over the city and miss "the good old days."
Pittsburgh is such an awesome place. I love all of the different neighborhoods with their unique feels and of course foods. Thankfully I have so many pictures from my time there to look back on.
I had to celebrate this big move with a big dinner at my favorite restaurant in the city! My sister and I went to Cure and ordered almost the entire menu. Here's a recap of what we got:
Round 1:
![]() |
| Island Creek Oysters (small order) |
![]() |
| Potato Focaccia with lard butter, roasted garlic, and pecorino romano - the housemade bread is always a must here! Round 2: |
![]() |
| Artichoke with carnival squash, sunflower seeds and vegetable ash |
![]() |
| THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER EATEN AKA Dry Aged Beef Tartare topped with pickled jalapeno, oyster aioli, black garlic aioli, shallot, cured egg yolk (OMG, OMG, OMG) served with... |
![]() |
| Porcini tagliatelle alla chitarra -amazing pasta dish with taleggio melted into it, crunchy chorizo, and earthy sage. |
Dessert Round:
![]() |
| Cortado -the perfect drink after dinner! Not too sweet, not too strong, and not too big. |
![]() |
| Dark Chocolate Souffle cake with pistachio butter, vin cotto, olive oil, and sea salt |
![]() |
| Olive Oil Ice Cream with paw paw sabayon and a passion fruit curd. Yes, we did have the whole dessert menu and yes, it was worth it. |
If you haven't been to Cure yet, you're crazy! All of the food is incredibly fresh, flavorful, and extremely creative. I haven't had anything that was less than excellent in the three times I've been there. The menu changes seasonally, so you may not find these items there much longer. It's the perfect restaurant to celebrate any special occasion! Cure was one of my first tastes of fine dining in the city, so it felt right to pay it one last visit.
Although I am going to miss this city and all of its flavors I am really looking forward to spending more time with my son! He is growing so quickly and changing every day. I don't want to miss out on these moments with him and now I don't have to! Stay tuned because the food world of Erie may be small, but it's there! ;) #EPACoffeeCrawl Anyone?





















0 Comments