Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Casa Tartufo @ Forum Mall

casa tartufo

Chanced upon Casa Tartufo quite awhile ago and purchased some vouchers more than awhile ago before it dawned on me the expiry date. Kudos to Casa Tartufo for extending the date of usage till a week later since the vouchers could not be used during Restaurant Week but this kindness did not come without struggle.

I had to literally argue with the waiter over the phone on this - this is the issue between the voucher merchant and restaurant and as a customer I really did not need to know what goes on behind the scenes. I just wanted to use my voucher - period.

They open at 1130am, not one minute earlier.
interior

Barely filled on a lazy Sunday morning.

spanish

Spanish hams that amused me quite abit - in an Italian restaurant?
spicy linguine

Spicy Linguine Aglio Olio and Prawns ($22)

Fishy and overly crunchy prawns tossed in a bed of oily pasta. Pasta was by the way, a tad undercooked.
bolognese


Spaghetti Bolognese with classic Beef ragout ($22)

Pasta overcooked here and drowned with beef sauce - too oily once again. I have had so much better elsewhere, in all honesty.

angus burger

Angus Burger, crispy Bacon, Tomato, Taleggio cheese ($25)

I would call this a tall slider rather than a burger, given the size. Thank goodness the double beef patties were juicy and well charred. Buns were overtoasted to a crunchy consistency than even soft. Uninspiring potato chips came with this.

waffles and hazelnut gelato

Waffles, Honey, Hazelnut Gelato ($14)

I eyeballed the thin waffle but judge it not for it proved to be the most delicious of the meal. Fluffy waffle with hazelnut gelato that tasted really like Kinder Bueno.

Portions are small, small enough to contemplate part two of brunch before I even leave the table! Food is not great, in fact...not good enough for a place that prides itself for Italian food.

Service is contrived, most unfortuantely. Yes I get recognized from the start (maybe from the ruckus I went through over the phone and creating quite a name for myself before even heading to the restaurant) and forgetting the date (they registered it as a Saturday but I do not remember making a reservation for Saturday night when the vouchers were meant for weekend BRUNCH). Anyway, from the moment I passed over the vouchers at the start of the meal - both the manager and the waiter were discussing how my bill should be presented. The conversation could be heard in full length in perfectly audible...all the way until I called for the bill.

A voucher per customer, I had two. So here's Casa's Tartufo's deal :

$30 worth per pax. If you order 4 dishes for 4 people, each person must pay for one. One person cannot order TWO mains and use the voucher to offset. So you end up being shortchanged somehow or another because their dishes are priced as such.

I'm not quibbling but having to walk away thinking you're shortchanged already caused more than discontent for a meal that was far from satisfactory.

Casa Tartufo
Forum Shopping Center

Post a Comment

0 Comments